SEMINAR - Property & Trusts
|Date:||19th Nov 13|
|Start Time:||4:30 PM|
|End Time:||6:00 PM|
|Price:||AU $ 130 (Inc. GST)|
|Member Price:||AU $88.00 (Inc. GST)|
|Earlybird Price (non Member):||AU $110.00 (Inc. GST)|
|Earlybird Price (Member):||AU $57.75 (Inc. GST)|
This seminar will be presented by Matt Dorman, Mellor Olsson Lawyers and will cover the following issues:
- Types of trusts and how to determine the difference
- Testamentary trusts - how they work and their advantages
- Other estate planning documents
- Transfer of property to beneficiaries from trusts
- Can a trust borrow to purchase a property?
- Transfer of property pursuant to other estate documents
- Stamp duty issues
Matthew joined Mellor Olsson's Commercial Services Division in 2011 after gaining experience from another inner city law firm. He was admitted as a lawyer in 2004 having graduated from Flinders University with a Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice.
Matthew has acted for a wide range of clients from individuals to corporate entities providing advice in the areas of commercial law, property law, business succession and Wills and deceased estates. Matthew has also actively assisted in numerous commercial, and building and construction litigation matters.
Matthew continues to assist clients in the areas of:
• General commercial transactions and advice
• General property transactions and advice
• Wills and deceased estates
• Business succession
• Commercial leasing
• Preparation of loan and security documentation
He is a member of the Law Society of South Australia and the Tax Institute of Australia.
Member registrations received before 28 February 2013 will receive a 25% discount ($57.75).
As of 1 July 2013 prices will be:
15 PD Points
Refreshments will be available after the seminar.
NOTE: No refund will be given unless more than 7 days notice is received by the AIC. Cancellation may invalidate discount. Registration must be accompanied by correct payment in order to secure a seat. AIC reserves the right to cancel sessions that do not reach the minimum number of participants required (full refunds given).